Coffee is one of the favorite drinks of many people in the world. This drink that comes from the seeds of the coffee plant is usually served by brewing it. Indonesia has a special coffee that is in great demand at the moment, which is known as spice coffee. Spice coffee is coffee of choice with the addition of a blend of Indonesian spices. Indonesia is an agricultural country that has abundant natural wealth and is known as the largest spice producing country in the world.
Traditional Indonesian coffee spices have ingredients made from spices such as cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cumin and other spices. There are various kinds of recipes and ways that can be done to make spiced coffee. The method and recipe that is generally used to make spiced coffee is to use 2 tablespoons of ground black coffee, 2 thinly sliced ginger segments, 3 cm cinnamon, 1 lemongrass stalk, 3 cloves, ½ teaspoon black peppercorns, 3 green cardamom pods, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or granulated sugar, mixed with 3 cups of water.
Spice coffee is believed to have abundant properties and benefits for those who consume it. Besides having a fresh taste and being able to warm the body, the spices contained in it have the following properties:
- Turmeric is believed to be able to relieve pain in inflammation, reduce the risk of heart attack, reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s.
- Cardamom in brewed coffee is efficacious for relieving stomach aches, lowering rising blood pressure, and preventing the growth of cancer cells.
- Cinnamon is able to ward off free radicals that can damage the cells of the human body. And able to protect human nerve cells so as to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and lower sugar levels for those who have diabetes.
- Cumin is rich in iron where needed and plays an important role in health. Research in the United States says that women who consume one spoonful of cumin per day are more able to lose weight intensively than those who do not.
- Ginger is also a spice that plays an active role in fighting cancer cells and relieving nausea.
Research at the University of Georgia, United States of America, found that spices not only reduce calories and the effects of sugar in the body, but can also increase the effectiveness of the body’s insulin, prevent and soothe inflammation in tissues and joints.
Now in the modern era, the global community values spices and herbs as a healthy choice and has become a lifestyle necessity. This is because coffee is considered the most suitable drink to melt with spices and can be enjoyed every day. This is a great potential for Indonesia to export with production volume and a variety of types of coffee and spices. Indonesian coffee usually penetrates the Italian market in the form of green beans which will be further processed by Italian producers.
Want to know more about Indonesian coffee and spice commodities in Italy, if you can contact us at www.itpcmilan.it